Sylvan, Inc. is a market-leading, trusted industrial services contractor to Fortune 500 companies.
The Project Manager will be responsible to plan, execute and finalize projects within budget and according to strict deadlines. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors in order to deliver projects according to plan and schedule. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and strategically navigate issues that could adversely impact safety, execution and quality control. Multi-tasking and time management skills will be essential in managing multiple projects concurrently.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Safely direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- High-level planning and coordination of all manpower on site.
- Direct and provide expertise as a liaison with customers, contractors and sub-contractors.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effective, clear & timely communication of the project expectations to team members.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Assess need for additional field staff and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project scope and crew members.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines/milestones and deliverables.
- Prepare status/progress reports and analyze results – troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in the work, identify potential crises & contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and subcontractors.
- Build, develop and grow business relationships vital to success of the project.
- Conduct project post-mortems and create recommendations report.
- Bachelor’s degree in building science, construction management, or engineering and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ Project Management experience working for a General Contractor or Sub-Contractor, experience in all aspects of construction including mechanical work is preferred.
- Experience working both independently and in a team environment
- Can conform to shifting priorities due to demands and timeline changes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills with a professional, positive “can-do” attitude
- Possess excellent communication skills to effectively interface and negotiate
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel; create clearly written notifications and RFI’s
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Able to identify work scope changes and create detailed change order requests
- Risk management and safety orientated; maintain OSHA and MUST certifications
- Proficient with Microsoft Project, Primavera 6, or other scheduling programs.
Email your resume to email@example.com