Project Manager – Conveyor Division
Sylvan, Inc. is a market-leading, trusted automotive services contractor for Fortune 500 companies.
The Project Manager will be responsible to plan, execute and finalize projects within budget and according to strict deadlines from the customer. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party sub-contractors and sub-fabricators to deliver projects according to plan and schedule. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and strategically navigate issues that could adversely impact safety, execution, and quality control. Multi-tasking and time management skills will be essential in managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Safely direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Main Sylvan contact and team leader for all customer contact during the project.
- High-level planning and coordination of all manpower, in the office and on-site with the superintendent.
- Direct and provide expertise as a liaison with customers, contractors, and sub-contractors.
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communication documents including all scheduling for engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, installation, and sub-contractor/sub-fabricators for a successful project.
- Effective, clear, and timely communication of the project expectations to team members.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- PM to approve all ABM’s written by engineering prior to being sent to purchasing to ensure delivery dates meet all internal schedule and timing.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project scope and the customer.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines/milestones and deliverables.
- Prepare status/progress reports and analyze results – troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in the work, identify potential crises & contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and subcontractors.
- Manage all quality plans and ensure its implementation and documentation is completed in the manufacturing facilities and with the installation personnel.
- Ensure all engineering designs meet or exceed the customers’ expectations and are within the original budget.
- Negotiate and write all sub-contracts purchase re-questions per the quoted pricing and ensure all specifications and terms are included.
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post-mortems and create recommendations report.
- Develop and cultivate customer relationships to ensure repeat business.
- Be able to coordinate customer training per the scope of work at the customer location.
- Ensure customer satisfaction of the work completed and are 100% satisfied for project closeout.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering and/or 10 years automotive conveyor work experience.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum five (5) years’ Project Management in the conveyor industry.
- Experience working both independently and in a team environment.
- Can conform to shifting priorities due to demands and timeline changes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a professional, positive “can-do” attitude.
- Possess excellent communication skills to effectively interface and negotiate.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel; create clearly written notifications and RFI’s.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and in timely manner.
- Able to identify work scope changes and create detailed change order requests.
- Risk management and safety orientated; maintain OSHA and MUST certifications.
Email your resume to email@example.com