Industrial Piping Estimator/Account Manager
FM Sylvan, Inc. is a market-leading, trusted industrial services contractor to Fortune 500 companies.
The list below is meant to be a guide and not all inclusive of the daily responsibilities.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings and attend pre-bid meetings to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculations complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Consult with Owners and Subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Review proposals to find the most cost-efficient way to complete projects for bidding.
- Communicate with vendors, subcontractors, construction superintendents, and engineers to discuss and formulate estimates.
- Prepare proposals, finalize estimates for prospective projects.
- Review final estimates and apply strategic cost factors where necessary.
- Advise on major changes in scope of work and monitor actual cost to estimated cost.
- Network with potential clients and seek job opportunities.
- Site visits as needed.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Experience with estimating software.
- Experience estimating mechanical and piping projects.
- Excels in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and generating reports.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills.
- Construction field experience with plumbing and/or HVAC is preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience estimating in the construction industry or related industry.
- Travel may be required throughout Eastern Ontario and on occasion, entry into the USA
- A valid Driver’s License and Canadian Passport is required.
Email your resume to email@example.com