Project Engineer – Automotive Division
Sylvan, Inc. is a market-leading, trusted industrial services contractor to Fortune 500 companies.
The Project Engineer will be responsible to oversee all engineering and technical aspects of assigned projects to assure the highest level of accuracy and quality while working with the project manager and superintendent. This position will be responsible for the conveyor engineering design, layout, and detailing requirements per the customer scope of work and Sylvan clarifications as indicated in the bid submittal.
The list below is meant to be a guide and not all inclusive of the daily responsibilities.
- Be able to support all structural calculations, including kip loadings, column sizing, cover plate sizing, beam sizing and base plate sizing and select the correct structural members.
- Work with the P.E. for state certified drawings of all structural and civil drawings.
- Be able to do perform engineering calculations of drives, shafts, cylinders, and bearings.
- Be able to provide and create ABM’s, Work Orders for the shop and purchasing. Answer all questions from purchasing and the shop regarding the orders.
- Provide input to drawing development and technical support to the engineers working directly for the project engineer.
- Must be able to create a working solution to technical issues in a timely manner.
- Be able to check drawings or designate a checker within the group to check drawings before sending to the shop or sub-fabrication source.
- Must be able to provide AutoCAD conveyor layouts to meet the customer JPH requirements.
- After award review and track project requirements Pre/Post Award Project submittals.
- Work with the project manager on-site as required.
- Be able to visit jobsites for meetings and field checks as requested.
- Assist project manager and superintendent as needed quoting additional work requirement.
- Maintain updated task list for the project being worked on and for the engineers working with you on the same project.
- Assist the project manager with tasks as required.
- Must be able to provide chain pulls on CP Plus with drive balancing and drive drop out capability based upon the customer requirements.
- Provide FMEA and FEA documentation to outside source per the customer requirements.
- Maintain the knowledge of the latest specifications for the customer and keep up to date on the revisions as they are released from the customer.
- Be able to work with and train engineers with less experience.
- Be able to work with and monitor engineering sub-contractor selected for the project.
- Provide start-up assistance as required to the project manager and superintendent.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering and/or 10 years automotive conveyor work experience.
- Experience working both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a professional, positive “can-do” attitude.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel; create clearly written notifications and RFI’s.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and in a timely manner.
- Able to identify scope of work changes and create detailed change order requests.
Email your resume to email@example.com