Project Controls Specialist
Sylvan, Inc. is a market-leading, trusted industrial services contractor to Fortune 500 companies.
The Project Controls Specialist will be responsible to assemble and provide information to Project Managers and Operations Management within their assigned Business Units regarding project current costs, commitments, and forecasts according to strict deadlines. This includes coordinating responses from field/operations personnel and gathering information from internal accounting systems, assembling accurate reporting workbooks, and interpreting data to predict project productivity trends. Time management, multi-tasking and a strong adherence to deadlines are essential to the position.
The list below is meant to be a guide and not all inclusive of the daily responsibilities.
- Gather project progress from Project Managers and Superintendents weekly.
- Review change request/change order logs with Project Managers weekly.
- Gather committed/labor/job cost data from Vista and VMS accounting systems weekly.
- Accurately organize and assemble job cost forecasting workbooks.
- Deliver and review accurate forecasting workbooks with Operations Management weekly; accurately interpret data and communicate clearly and concisely.
- Verify accuracy of committed cost in system weekly; communicate with Project Managers and adjust commitments as required.
- Assist Project Managers in assembling project budgets and earned value structures immediately upon project award/turnover.
- Assemble and communicate data in support of the monthly revenue recognition process.
- Effective, clear & timely communication of data and trends to Project/Operations Management.
- Assist in compiling scope change requests.
- Participate in project post-mortems and support creation of recommendations report.
- Minimal travel on an as-needed basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in building science, construction management, or engineering and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years’ Project Controls experience working for a General Contractor.
- Experience working both independently and, in a team, environment.
- Can conform to shifting priorities due to demands and timeline changes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills with a professional, positive “can-do” attitude
- Possess excellent communication skills to effectively interface.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel; create clearly written communications.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Email your resume to email@example.com