Sylvan, Inc. is a market-leading, trusted automotive service contractor to Fortune 500 companies.
The Procurement Specialist – will need to have Construction related procurement experience, ideally with specialized knowledge of all things Electrical (our scope is Temporary Power, Medium Voltage (600V or less).
- Issue Purchase Orders to successful vendor, supplier, sub-contractor, or sub-fabricator through the Sylvan Vista system.
- Promote and maintain an efficient and effective level of organization with good communication skills with engineering, project management, field superintendents and shop or sub-fabrication sources.
- Ensure that the purchase requisitions and completed purchase orders are accurate or requisition for total product specifications/part numbers, quantities, type of transportation and location of delivery.
- Convey any issues with any requisition issues or delivery delays to the requestor for a resolution.
- Work with estimators to get the best possible pricing on goods they are requesting.
- Keep record of any unused products for inventory and check on next project if the items can be used on future projects.
- Attend and provide purchasing reporting at the weekly production meetings of deliveries.
- Report all non-conformances to the project manager and work with the supplier and the project management team on replacement parts.
- Responsible for inventory review.
- Track and report all deliveries to the requestor and project manager weekly.
- Record delivery into the Vista system as the items are received.
- Keep track of all minority suppliers for the customer website input.
- Maintain supplier performance and keep reporting for the VP Operations.
- Assist estimating and project management with the estimating assignments.
Qualifications and Competencies
- High school diploma is required, college degree preferred and or 5 years of procurement experience in the manufacturing components procurement role.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills with emphasis on Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Position will have a high workflow with emphasis on Excel based documents within the organization.
- Working knowledge of Primavera 6 (P6).
- Excellent prioritization skills with the ability to prioritize own time, and time and workflow of others.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate verbally effectively and professionally and in writing ensuring tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of responsibilities while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Ability to efficiently source all requisitioned materials.
- Must be able to multitask, work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Email resume to email@example.com