Procurement Specialist – Conveyor Division
Sylvan, Inc. is a market-leading, trusted automotive service contractor to Fortune 500 companies.
The Procurement Specialist – Conveyor Division will be responsible for the procurement of materials, components and services for the Conveyor Division including but not limited to the item listed below. The successful candidate will need to act proactively and be punctual and reliable. This position at times will require overtime.
The list below is meant to be a guide and not all inclusive of the responsibilities.
- Coordinate and process ABM’s from engineering and project management, procure materials or services as requested and within the budget.
- Issue Purchase Orders to successful vendor, supplier, sub-contractor, or sub-fabricator through the Sylvan Vista system.
- Promote and maintain an efficient and effective level of organization with good communication skills with engineering, project management, field superintendents and shop or sub-fabrication sources.
- Ensure that the purchase requestions and completed purchase orders are accurate per the ABM or requestion for total product specifications/part numbers, quantities, type of transportation and location of delivery.
- Convey any issues with any requestion issues or delivery delays to the requestor for a resolution.
- Work with estimators to get the best possible pricing on goods they are requesting.
- Keep record of any unused products for inventory and check on next project if the items can be used on future projects.
- Review pricing quotations from vendors for delivery, cost, and product conformance to the specifications prior to purchasing.
- Attend and provide purchasing reporting at the weekly production meetings of deliveries.
- Report all non-conformances to the project manager and work with the supplier and the project management team on replacement parts.
- Responsible for inventory review.
- Track and report all deliveries to the requestor and project manager weekly.
- Record delivery into the Vista system as the items are received.
- Keep track of all minority suppliers for the customer website input.
- Maintain supplier performance and keep reporting for the VP Operations.
- Assist estimating and project management with the estimating assignments.
Qualifications and Competencies
- High school diploma is required, college degree preferred and or 5 years of procurement experience in the manufacturing components procurement role..
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills with emphasis on Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Position will have a high workflow with emphasis on Excel based documents within the organization.
- Excellent prioritization skills with the ability to prioritize own time, and time and workflow of others.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate verbally effectively and professionally and in writing ensuring tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of responsibilities while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Ability to efficiently source all requestioned materials.
- Must be able to multitask, work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org