Sylvan, Inc. is a market-leading, trusted industrial services contractor to Fortune 500 companies. This position will collaborate with the Field Superintendents, Foreman, and Project Managers and will report into the Controller… Human Resources. This position requires a high degree of confidentiality, excellent customer service, advanced administrative and organizational skills and computer proficiency, attention to detail, and knowledge of federal and state wage and hour laws for the US and Canada.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all related federal and provincial legislations and the collective bargaining agreements.
- Ability to handle all aspects of payroll, hands on from time collection and entry to analyzing payroll processes and recommending and implementing efficient solutions.
- Validate the calculation of earnings and deductions to ensure compliance with Canada Revenue Agency, provincial legislation, collective bargaining agreements, WSIB and company benefit programs.
- Review current payroll practices and implement training and best practices for the department.
- Manages any payroll discrepancies as it relates and provide guidance to other team members.
- Set up all new unions, ensure labor rates and benefits are updated timely and accurately.
- Work as part of a team processing high volume in-house payroll.
- Ability to lead new remote timecard entry projects in Viewpoint/Vista.
- Research and implement new payroll timecard tracking systems to implement with Viewpoint/Vista.
- Setting up and maintaining data including taxes, banking, and paycheck deductions.
- Submit positive pay and ACH information to the bank.
- Prepare and submit union benefit reports and corresponding payments for multiple unions across several states.
- Analyze and reconcile payroll account activity to General Ledger account balances.
- Associate’s degree is required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of progressive experience within payroll.
- Union Payroll and Construction Industry experience preferred.
- Previous experience supervising/managing a small team.
- Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
- Exposure to accounting systems such as Viewpoint or Timberline.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments within the company.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Reliable and willingness to work overtime when needed.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to simultaneously coordinate and track status of multiple ongoing projects and prioritize work.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced office environment, working both collaboratively and independently, to meet deadlines on multiple projects simultaneously.
Email your resume to email@example.com