Sylvan, Inc. is a market-leading, trusted industrial services contractor to Fortune 500 companies and Government Facilities. This position is to support the Knoxville and Nashville Estimating Departments. Schedule and normal work location is flexible but regular reporting to the office will be required.
- Analyze drawings and other data to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Consult with Owners and Subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Review proposals to find the most cost-efficient way to complete projects for bidding.
- Communicate with vendors, subcontractors, construction superintendents, and engineers to discuss and formulate estimates.
- Prepare proposals, finalize estimates for prospective projects.
- Attend bid clarification meetings and site walks as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent craft, technician, or estimating experience.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Experience with estimating software. (Currently using AutoBid Mechanical. Open to other options.)
- Experience estimating mechanical, industrial, power, or manufacturing projects.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Must be able to complete advanced mathematical functions.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills & follow through on action items.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision, while recognizing when help is needed.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to make and communicate assumptions when detail is lacking.
- Strong time management skills and proven ability to work to deadlines.
- Construction field experience with piping, heavy industrial, manufacturing, plumbing and/or HVAC is preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience estimating in the construction industry or related industry.
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check & regular drug screenings.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org