Assistant Project Manager
Sylvan, Inc. is a market-leading, trusted industrial services contractor to Fortune 500 companies.
The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible to assist with planning, execution and finalize projects within budget and according to strict deadlines. This will include RFIs, RFI logs, managing FCR/CO Log, tracking time and materials and assisting with logistics coordination.
- Safely direct and manage project development from beginning to end
- Time and materials tracking on a weekly basis
- Participate in weekly construction meetings and take meeting minutes
- Track field and shop productivity earned vs. actual
- Document control including, but not limited to: Change order logs, RFI logs, Submitting RFIs, and Construction Drawing documentation and distribution
- Assist with the development of full-scale project plans and associated communication documents
- Perform administrative tasks such as preparing invoices, estimates, scheduling meetings
- Assist with procuring materials and other items necessary for completing project goals
- Effective, clear, and timely communication of the project expectations
- Must be able to travel up to 25% as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in building science, construction management, or engineering and/or equivalent work experience.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of one to two (1-2) years’ Assistant Project Management experience
- Experience working both independently and in a team environment
- Can conform to shifting priorities due to demands and timeline changes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills with a professional, positive “can-do” attitude
- Possess excellent communication skills to effectively interface and negotiate
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel; create clearly written notifications and RFI’s
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Able to identify work scope changes and create detailed change order requests
- Risk management and safety orientated; maintain OSHA and MUST certifications
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org