Aftermarket Sales and Maintenance – Account Representative
Sylvan, Inc. is a market-leading, trusted automotive service contractor to Fortune 500 companies.
The ASM – Account Representative will be responsible for the sales of aftermarket parts and maintenance of the customers’ requirements. Territories for each Account Representative will be established by V.P. of Operations. The Account Representative will be responsible for the sales, management, engineering, manufacturing and shipping of the parts purchased by the customer. The Account Representative will report to the Vice President of Operations.
The list below is meant to be a guide and not all inclusive of the responsibilities.
- To develop, maintain and obtain RFQ’s and Purchase Orders from all customers in the territory assigned.
- Provide weekly progress plans and lookahead plans for VP Operations.
- Maintain revenue forecasts and account specific plans to VP Operations quarterly.
- Report all product, engineering, fabrication, and delivery non-conformances to VP Operations when issue is found.
- Work with VP Operations on ASM improvements, suggestions and corrective actions as required.
- Prepare RFQ for estimating to provide pricing and delivery for customer.
- Prepare and maintain a weekly RFQ and quote log with estimating.
- Make sure schedule is met with engineering, fabrication, purchasing and delivery until product is delivered and signed for by the customer.
- Follow up with the customer on product satisfaction and additional RFQ’s.
- Provide direct contact with the customer for all information requirements needed from estimating to be able to provide an accurate price for the intended RFQ.
- Maintain flow of RFQ’s and Purchase Orders for the yearly budget targets set forth by management.
- Travel to territories assigned by the VP Operations as required and requested to effectively serve the customer requirements.
- Provide VP Operations with any internal concerns and quotation progress weekly.
- All proposals to be reviewed with estimator and Account Representative prior to issuing to VP Operations for final approval.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering and/or 5 years automotive conveyor work experience with a project management and/or engineering background.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills with emphasis on Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Excellent prioritization skills with the ability to prioritize own time, and time and workflow of others.
- Travel outside Metro Detroit is a requirement.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate verbally effectively and professionally and in writing ensuring tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of responsibilities while maintaining strong attention to detail.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org